Often a person with hearing isn’t aware of what he or she cannot hear. As a result they don’t realize what they are missing and that it’s time to do something. Here is a quick hearing quiz developed by the American Academy of Audiology. You can take the quiz or have someone you love take it. It may help you or them to realize it’s time to take action.
- Do you find it difficult to follow a conversation in a noisy restaurant or crowded room?
- Do you sometimes feel that people are mumbling or not speaking clearly?
- Do you experience difficulty following dialog in the theater?
- Do you sometimes find it difficult to understand a speaker at a public meeting or a religious service?
- Do you find yourself asking people to speak up or repeat themselves?
- Do you find men’s voices easier to understand than women’s?
- Do you experience difficulty understanding soft or whispered speech?
- Do you have difficulty understanding speech on the telephone?
- Does a hearing problem cause you to feel embarrassed when meeting new people?
- Do you feel handicapped by a hearing problem?
- Does a hearing problem cause you to visit friends, relatives, or neighbors less often than you
- would like?
- Do you experience ringing or noises in your ears?
- Do you hear better with one ear than the other?
- Have any of your relatives (by birth) had hearing loss?
- Have you had any significant noise exposure during work, recreation, or military service?
If you answered yes to 3 or more questions, it’s time for a hearing evaluation. Why wait? Call now for an appointment with one of our audiologists. You'll be glad you did.
Life Sounds Great! Enjoy Every Moment!
Paula Webster, MA
Advanced Audiology Concepts
8897 Mentor Ave
Mentor, Ohio 44060