Thursday, February 28, 2013

Who is the best professional to see for hearing aids?

It certainly seems to be puzzling.  With all of the ads about “invisible” hearing aids and differing cost of instruments, it is difficult to know where to turn.  Audiologists, ENT physicians and hearing aid dealers all dispense hearing aids. 
Audiologists are uniquely trained to evaluate and treat the non-medical aspects of hearing loss and to dispense hearing aids.  Audiologists have a Master of Arts or Doctoral degree with emphasis on hearing, hearing loss, balance, hearing aids and listening therapy.  They are the best trained professionals to assist you with hearing aids.
Ear, nose and throat physicians (ENT) deal with medical disorders of the head and neck, which include the ears, hearing and balance.  It is important that you see an ENT specialist if you have a history of ear problems or ear disease. 
Hearing aid dealers at least in Ohio, must have a high school education or equivalent and pass a test on hearing aids prior to becoming licensed. 
As you can see, there is a vast difference in the training and scope of practice of an audiologist, physician and hearing aid dealer.  It is highly recommended that you see an Audiologist.  When choosing the audiologist, consider a professional who is readily available.  In the event your hearing aids need service, or you have questions, quick and easy access is extremely important. 
A complete Hearing Evaluation is the first step in the process of purchasing hearing aids.  Why wait?

Life sounds great!  Enjoy every moment!

Advanced Audiology Concepts
8897 Mentor Ave
Mentor, Ohio 44060

No comments:

Post a Comment