You play the most significant role in assuring satisfaction with hearing aids. In order to be happy with your hearing aids, your needs, desires and expectations must be met. You and your audiologist can address your communication issues and develop strategies for improving them. Here are some suggestions for improving your chances of being fit with the right hearing aids.
Identify your own personal needs:
- Make a list of situations where your hearing loss has been a problem
- Describe difficult situations: i.e., the telephone, TV, communicating with family, movies, meetings, church, small groups, listening to young children, large conferences
Other factors to consider include:
- The degree of your hearing loss
- Size and condition of your ears
- Your ability to manipulate the instruments and batteries
- Your individual lifestyle
A positive attitude with realistic expectations about your hearing aids will improve your chances for a successful hearing aid fitting! Today’s digital technology allows for smaller instruments, improved noise and feedback management and automatic features. Extended wear instruments are also now available. All instruments are programmed and fine tuned to meet your individual needs by the audiologist.
See an audiologist for your hearing care. Be patient, ask questions and work closely with the audiologist who is fitting your hearing aids. Discover a whole new world of wonderful sounds.
Image obtained 5-28 at: http://blog.shanicekoh.com/2012/07/im-proud-to-be-clucker.html