Ann Gilmore Hall, the Executive Director of the Hearing Loss Association of America, stated that hearing loss is a major public health issue. Over 48 million Americans have hearing loss, ½ of which are under 65 years of age. It is estimated that about 20% of adults in the US have some degree of loss. So you are not alone if you are experiencing hearing difficulty.
If you notice changes in hearing, have a hearing evaluation. If you don’t notice changes in hearing but others are suggest you are having trouble, ask yourself a few questions.
1. Think others mumble?
2. Are you able to hear others from behind you or from another room?
3. Set the TV louder than others like?
4. Have noises in your ears?
5. Feel left out of conversations?
6. Have difficulty hearing in noisy places such as restaurant?
7. Have trouble hearing in meetings or at church?
Image obtained 4-9-14 at: http://letstalkaboutscience.wordpress.com/tag/questions/