Choosing the correct hearing aids can be quite a daunting task. You are the most important player in determining success with hearing instruments. The first step is a complete, accurate diagnostic hearing evaluation, performed by a licensed audiologist. Results of this assessment will determine your candidacy for hearing aids with appropriate power and features.
In order to be appropriately fit with hearing aids it is important to identify your needs, desires and expectations of the instruments. The audiologist will guide you through this process. It is helpful if you
- Make a list of situations where your hearing is a problem
- Describe difficults listening situations: such as in church, small groups, understanding small children, communicating with family and friends
- the degree of your hearing loss
- size and condition of your ears
- your ability to manipulate the hearing aids and the batteries
- your lifestyle
A positive attitude, with realistic expectations about your hearing aids will improve your chances of a successful hearing aid fitting. Be patient, ask questions and work closely with the audiologist . Before you know it a whole new world will open up for you. Life Sounds Great! Enjoy every moment!
Jane M. Kukula, AuD
Paula Webster, MA
Advanced Audiology Concepts, Inc.
8897 Mentor Avenue
Mentor, OH 44060